It seems that a meta redirect works quite nicely. In other words, I am loading a page in the current domain that redirects to another domain. Bookmarking on Mac Netscape fails altogether. Bookmarking on PC IE and Netscape is trying to load the previous logn page post, but erring because of empty post args. Solves the problems I am having.

Interesting!

Hey Dude,

I don't know if you'll have much luck with the JavaScript route. In order to
make use of JavaScript, an event has to be fired and I don't think there is
a "onbookmark" or equivalent available.

Plus, I'm sure that any available behavior would be different for every
Browser brand.

MSIE has a method where you can make your own "Add Favorite" link or button
on a page and specify a custom URL and title:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/dhtml/ref
erence/methods/addfavorite.asp?frame=true
(Above URL may word-wrap)

I use this on my site but it is MSIE specific, and I'm sure you're looking
for something for all browsers - plus you still can't stop someone from
using the add Bookmark/Favorite button on their browser toolbar, which I'm
sure you can't override.

I would think most browsers would block what you are trying to do, because
it could be used for malicious reasons.

Some web-developers that don't belong to the Witango List, are known to be
less scrupulous :-)

One option, although not a very practical one, would be to redisplay the external "target" page via <@URL> so that external URL's always have your domain address - so then you could also do checks for Logon Variables and such before displaying pages.

<@URL> with the BASE attribute would allow you to re-display a page from
www.othersite.com/page.htm as www.mysite.com/mypage.taf

As a result, any save as a Bookmark/Favorite would be your address and not
the real address.

Hope this helps. Cheers........

Scott Cadillac,
XML-Extranet - http://xml-extra.net
403-281-6090 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Well-formed Development
--
Extranet solutions using C# .NET, Witango, MSIE and XML