Nice piece of work, Scott.

On behalf of all of us, thank you ...

By the way, 49 responses within a day is absolutely excellent for this type
of survey.  And, it's not totally indicative of the number of developers.
Meaning, I'm sure that I was the only one of several at my company that
responded, and lots of individual programmers are too busy on projects to
respond.

On the subject of open source, I am convinced that Phil intends to follow
through in making the product into something that will sustain life well
into the future.  I'm also certain that legalities contribute to slowing
that process down, especially in the realm of international copyright law.

On the subject of programming languages, we are all well-advised to be
conversant in 2-3 languages, and the two other languages that, in my
experience, open the most doors, are .NET and PHP.  I have come across many
companies that insist on one of those, but I only hear an insistence on Java
in utilities, banks and government.  I dislike those environments, due to
the typically long sales cycle involved.

As for availability of Witango programmers, I can hire a proficient .NET
programmer, and within about 3 concentrated days, they will be 90%
conversant with Witango, because of its programming constructs and visual
development interface.  The converse is not true.

Just thoughts ... and also thought it was time for me to post something,
so's you all don't think I bailed.

Over and out,
Ian