-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of stian
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 2:11 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] GDI+ MergeModule

Schrieken, Rene wrote:

> I have no experience with gdi+ but afaik it is just one download:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6a63ab9c-df12-4
d41-933c-be590feaa05a&DisplayLang=en

Thanks. Well, I found this site before, but this is the dll, and not the
Merge Module - which I was looking for. I did find some GDI+ Merge
Module
for InstallShield, but are the InstallShield MergeModules the same as
those
used in WiX?
http://www.installshield.com/downloads/modules.asp?prod=ISX&lan=english&;
xmlUse=y

Schrieken, Rene wrote:

> Isn't an merge module adding complexity?

Is it? As mentioned I'm new to WiX, but my impression was that it was
best
practice to always use the merge modules. Don't they make sure that the
dlls
are put in the appropriate system folders (GAC), and don't reinstall
existing files etc? As you're mentioning the dll should be put in the
install folder for Win2k, and not be installed at all for later systems
(where it is installed by default..). So to put them in the installation
folder I guess you shouldn't use merge modules - or should you?