I have written wxs file for a windows service that requires username/password
during installation. It installs but the problem is, after installing I cannot
start the service. It gives me an error saying " Error 1069: The service did
not start due to a logon failure" .But if I right click the service, go in the
'Log On' tab and re-enter the password under 'This account' then its able to
start the service. Btw, this was the same password I entered during the
installation run-time.Anyone in the same boat? Am I missing something with the
password? I set it as a public property (similar to username) but somehow the
service wont start unless i re-enter the password manually after the
installation. Again, once password is reset, I can't uninstall or reinstall the
service. Portion of the wxs file is below:

<Component Id="ItemRepWinServiceComponent"
Guid="EA40A9D3-51E8-D857-ECC8-73BA4E5CE35D">
   <File Id ="ItemReplicator.exe" Name="ItemRep.exe"
LongName="ItemReplicator.exe" src="$(var.BuildBinariesDir)\" KeyPath="yes"
DiskId="1" />
      <ServiceInstall Id="ItemReplicatorServiceInstall" Name="Item Replicator"
DisplayName="Item Replicator Service" Description="Service to Replicate Change"
ErrorControl="normal" Type="ownProcess" Start="auto" Vital="yes"
                        Account='[USERNAME]' Password='[PASSWORD]'  />
      <ServiceControl Id="ItemReplicatorServiceInstall" Name="Item Replicator"
Stop="both" Remove="uninstall" Wait="yes"/>
</Component>

The service works perfectly when installed with installutil command.

Version of wix being used is 2.0.4701.0.

Has anyone faced similar problem or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Surya