Chris,

I've been following what you've been looking to do here as I'm
investigating weather to use InstallShield 2008, WiX or carry on with
Visual Studio Deployment projects when we implement a daily build with Team
Build. I'm starting the build tests with InstallShield and not to trying
WiX yet.

I'm interested to know why V2 won't work for you as it does provide support
for MSBuild?

My understanding of Votive is that it enables WiX projects to be viewed in
VS, still in there text\xml format. If the project is there but Votive
isn't VS marks it as "unavailable". If that's the case MSBuild will still
build it... or no?

Matt

Matt Thompson
PERSHING
Tel: 020 7864 8000
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

             Christopher
             Painter
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             tengineering.com>         Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
             Sent by:                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             wix-users-bounces                                          cc
             @lists.sourceforg         wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
             e.net                                                 Subject
                                       Re: [WiX-users] Using WiX v3 Votive
                                       to build WiX v2 projects
             06/09/2007 15:55

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              engineering.com

I'm afraid v2 won't cut it for me then.  I'm actually using TFS Team Build
and I need the project document to be MSBuild also so I can just call the
solution build.   Using v3 against v2 binaries seems to work though.

Bob Arnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 Christopher Painter wrote:
 > I was under the impression from various postings that Votive v2 wasn't
 > as stable/complete as the rest of the toolset and that the real work
 > was done in v3.

 That's correct. You asked about MSBuild. WixTasks.dll and wix.targets
 are the MSBuild tasks and targets, respectively, and are unrelated to
 Votive v2.

 --
 sig://boB
 http://joyofsetup.com/

FareChase.

Pershing Email Disclaimer:

Pershing Securities Limited, registered in England number 2474912, is
authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of
the London Stock Exchange. Registered address: Capstan House, One Clove
Crescent, East India Dock, London E14 2BH.

Pershing Limited, registered in England number 2072264, is authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the London
Stock Exchange. Registered address: Capstan House, One Clove Crescent, East
India Dock, London E14 2BH.

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential,
proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege
is waived or lost by any mis-transmission. If you receive this message in
error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system,
destroy any hard copies of it and
notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient. Both Pershing Limited and Pershing Securities Limited reserve the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state them to be the
views of any such entity.

Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to deal
at any price quoted.

Any reference to the terms of executed transactions should be treated as
preliminary only and subject to our formal written confirmation.

E-mail will be archived for at least three years and may be produced to
regulatory agencies or others with a legal right to access such information