      From: Bob Arnson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 1:10 AM
To: John Hall
Cc: Robert Priest; wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Handling Feature Dependencies

  John Hall wrote:
  However, in hindsight, I think just using a ComponentGroupRef instead of
feature fC and including it in both fA and fB might be simpler and more robust.
Not sure what the relative downsides are.

If the feature was used just for grouping (i.e., it's never visible or user
installable) then a component group is the best approach. Components can belong
to multiple features just fine -- that's an MSI thing.

--

sig://boB

http://joyofsetup.com/