In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    "Neil Sleightholm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> The key issue here is what do you need to exclude when registering a VB6
> DLL or is it possible to monitor it so we find the key information. Can
> you recommend a registry monitoring tool that works for VB6 DLL?

The answer to that is pretty simple -- you ignore anything that's not
related to your component.

It sounds to me like DllRegisterServer on a VB6 DLL "helps" you by
making sure that your dependencies (the VB6 runtime) is also
registered.  This was a problem in the early days when the VB6 runtime
was something you had to add onto windows.  I'm not certain which OS
started including the VB6 DLLs as part of "system", but IIRC they all
include the runtime dependencies now so you shouldn't ever need to do
that part.