In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    "Neil Sleightholm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  writes:

> Richard
>
> >> The answer to that is pretty simple -- you ignore anything that's not
> >> related to your component.
>
> I think you are missing the point (or I am), how do I know it is not
> related?

Well, the things that are related to your COM object are laid out in
the COM specification.  I'm assuming since its your COM object, that
you know the CLSIDs, IIDs, etc., that go with your object.

> In VB6 you don't edit the COM registration so you don't know
> the details.

True, but you do decide the ProgId that exposes your COM object and
for the places where COM is registering a server, it is coupled to the
filename of the DLL containing the server, so you can link things back
that way.  There will also be a type library associated with your COM
object, to support VB6's dispinterface style late binding.  The type
library for a VB6 COM object is always contained in the DLL of the
object, so that's also coupled back to your object through the
filename.

> I have a fairly simple ocx and heat generates 182 lines of
> WiX code for it!

Can you post a URL to the generated WiX code from heat?  I'd like to
see what kind of stuff its generating.