Neil wrote:
> I have tried a
> few times to remove the unrelated code and never successfully
> got the component to work or to leave the machine working on
> uninstall. Have you ever generated the WiX registry code for
> VB6 COM component? Has anyone?

Neil,

I have. I wrote a custom build task that extracts the registration
information at build time [1].

The registration entry point is called with some registry redirection in
place, and then I harvest the created registry entries removing the
following:

 - CLSID {D5DE8D20-5BB8-11D1-A1E3-00A0C90F2731}

 - Typelibs {EA544A21-C82D-11D1-A3E4-00A0C90AEA82} and
   {000204EF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}, plus any Interfaces that
   reference these two type libraries.

This works for me.

regards,
John

[1] I know this is very much frowned upon, but I always create major
upgrades and don't create patches... YMMV