From: Dave Kolb [mailto:d...@dotnetcodeslingers.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 2:48 AM
To: 'General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.'
Subject: RE: [WiX-users] Which way to install a Windows service is best?

I got my 64 bit C# Custom Action running just fine and it can set some
properties that I can use to set my account and password on my
<ServiceInstall> element. Thanks to everyone. Wix is pretty cool!

I have two other questions though:

1. When my CA sets properties they print in the log!!!! How can I suppress
this as I don't want to expose the password.

2. When I try to reference a property that my CA sets, I have to use
[Property_XXX_Password] because !(var.Property_XXX_Password) does not work!
I was expecting to be able to reference with a !(var.Property_XXX_Password)
syntax. What is the difference between these references?

P.S. I used the following sequence to call my action.

    <!-- Set the sequence -->
    <InstallExecuteSequence>
      <Custom Action="GetServiceLogon" After="CostFinalize"
Overridable="yes">NOT Installed</Custom>
    </InstallExecuteSequence>

Thanks, Dave