We have an old product which uses Wix 2.0(a very stable version).

Our test engineer found a problem: if some dll file(s) is manually deleted,
then in Repair mode, we'll get "Error 2836". Here is the error message from log:
MSI (c) (B4:80) [16:22:22:313]: Note: 1: 2205 2:  3: Error
MSI (c) (B4:80) [16:22:22:313]: Note: 1: 2228 2:  3: Error 4: SELECT `Message`
FROM `Error` WHERE `Error` = 2836
DEBUG: Error 2836:  The control ChangeButton on the dialog MaintenanceTypeDlg
can not take focus
The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This
may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2836. The arguments
are: MaintenanceTypeDlg, ChangeButton,

In real case, I'd say no one would manually delete some files. But it could
happen. Also as a test case, I think it's reasonable to test this scenario. And
I thought, we're allowed to delete any file, then in Repair mode, we'll get all
of our files back, correct?

The strange thing is that it only happens for three files, not for all. If we
delete some other files, Repair will work correctly. But I looked those files,
they are really normal. I also check the msi in Orca. In the File table, they
have normal attributes just like others. What make these files special? Is
there a way to check what is wrong? Why removing a dll will cause something
wrong in ChangeButton?

I know 2.0 isn't supported any more. But for us, this old product is still
using it. So if you know something, please let us know.

Many thanks!

The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier.  Optimized for Yahoo!
Get it Now for Free! at http://downloads.yahoo.com/ca/internetexplorer/