On 25-Oct-11 13:51, David L. Beckwith wrote:
> Basically, I have a legacy install program that I would like chained.
> Specifically, it is Microsoft's Point of Service for dotNet. There is
> no "ClickOnce" install, instead it is delivered as a self extracting
> zip. It has a setup bootstapper with a scad full of files in different
> directories including an MSI. I'm under the impression I can create a
> container or payloadgroup that contains all these files.

You want a package group (which contains the MSI and payload files). If
you want, you can include the package group in a container (a single
file that contains all the packages/payloads). But containers are just a
delivery mechanism; they're not involved in how a package is installed.

> That is where heat came in.

I don't think Heat has been updated to harvest files for a bundle. But
it's not clear to me that you need it. The WiX binder will automatically
"harvest" the loose files that an .msi refers to. So try a PackageGroup
with an MsiPackage child that points to the POS .msi. Use
PackageGroupRef in your Chain to include the package in the chain. If
you want a container, use PackageGroupRef to include the POS package
group into the container.

--
sig://boB
http://joyofsetup.com/