Bob Arnson-6 wrote:

> On 26-Oct-11 22:57, David L. Beckwith wrote:
>> What is even weirder, is /layout pulls them out in the correct folder.
>> They also show up in the ProgramData\Package Cache\GUID folder just fine.
>
> If Burn's putting them in the same relative place as they were
> originally, there must be something peculiar with the MSI.

Yes, the MSI is peculiar. I think it assumes it is run from the same folder.
Since the Burn bootstapper is cached in a different folder than the MSI, the
custom action is looking for the dlls in the the bootstrapper folder, not
the MSI folder (is my theory). This isn't my MSI but the Microsoft Point of
Service for .NET setup which hasn't had action since 2008. Thus, I have to
find a solution around its peculiarities.

Is there any way to have the two dlls (payloads) placed in the bootstrapper
application cache? Or is there a way to tell the bootstrapper to start in
the MSI folder?  I could have a bootstapper call a bootstapper but that
messes up the ARP.