Bob Arnson-6 wrote:

> On 26-Oct-11 12:48, David L. Beckwith wrote:
>
>> But I don't have the install working yet. It seems not all "loose files"
>> were harvested.
>
> Only those referenced in the .msi would be automatically included. Are
> they actually used?

Yes, two critical files are used by a custom action in the msi but I never
see an entry when I look at the msi through orca. So I understand how this
could be missed. It gives the following error in the logs:

*** C:\Microsoft POS for dotNET\bin\Release\PidGenX.dll
*** Could not load PidGenX.dll

If I copy them to the target folder it works fine:

PidGenX.dll
PidGenX.xrm-ms

I entered two payloads within the PackageGroup for the MsiPackage.

<Payload Compressed="yes" SourceFile="C:\Microsoft POS for
dotNET\Source\PidGenX.dll" />
<Payload Compressed="yes" SourceFile="C:\Microsoft POS for
dotNET\Source\PidGenX.xrm-ms" />

What is even weirder, is /layout pulls them out in the correct folder. They
also show up in the ProgramData\Package Cache\GUID folder just fine.

There must be something with the cache. I've tried both yes and no cache on
the MsiPackage. But no difference.

Again, if I copy these two files to the bootstrap app, it works fine.

I have to be missing something obvious.