I've created two payloads in the MsiPackage element and it places them in the
same folder (cache) as the msi. This works as expected.

However, the resulting bootstrapper exe is not placed in the same cache and
thus runs from a different folder. The custom action in the MSI looks for
the two files in the local or working folder and instead they are in the msi
folder. There doesn't seem to be a method to place the payloads in the same
cache (folder) as the bootstrapper.

Obviously the best solution would be to change the contents of the msi, but
this is a redist from Microsoft which I don't have the right to do and
Microsoft has not been actively working on this since 2008.

I see four options:

1. Have the bootstapper change the working directory to the msi folder
(cache),
2. Place the  payloads in the bootstrapper folder (cache),
3. Place the bootstrapper in the same folder as the msi.
4. Create a bootstrapper with an ExePackage including the two payloads to
another bootstapper with the MsiPackage.

I think the fourth option would work but would end up with confusing
multiple UACs and multiple ARP entries. The other three would be desirable
options but I don't know how to do it if it were possible.