From: "Blair" <os...@live.com>

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:56 PM

To: chr...@iswix.com, "General discussion for Windows Installer XML
toolset." <wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net>, "Neil Sleightholm"
<n...@x2systems.com>

Subject: RE: [WiX-users] Two Wierd Installer Problems - DTF and QuietExec

Except for that one repeatable machine, the problem always "went away"
upon

retry (the same behavior you all have reported). That one machine was able

to repro more than once in a row, and after about four days I even got it

repro in the debugger. That's when I finally discovered exactly what was

happening, and then I was able to stage a repro at will.

I submitted the fix to WiX, and a couple of weeks later walked another
team

through their attempts to verify the fix.

Blair