Did you borrow VC's MSM's package guid for your MSM?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joost van Zoest [mailto:jzo...@siqura.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2012 11:35 PM
To: General discussion for Windows Installer XML toolset.
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Visual C++ 2010 Merge Module

On 27-Jan-12 17:28, Bob Arnson wrote:
>> I have made an installer in WIX which embeds 2 merge modules: the
>> Microsoft_VC100_CRT_x86.msm merge module, and my own module (let's
>> call this one MyMergeModule.msm for now).  When I embed the VC merge
>> module before MyMergeModule, I get a lot of warnings that some
actions
>> can not be merged from MyMergeModule.msm.
>Such as?

The warnings are:
Warning 27      ICE82: This action
SystemFolder_x86_VC.AFA96EB4_FA9F_335C_A7CB_36079407553D has duplicate
sequence number 2 in the table InstallExecuteSequence   light.exe
0       1       MergeModuleTester
Warning 28      ICE82: This action
SystemFolder_x86_VC.AFA96EB4_FA9F_335C_A7CB_36079407553D has duplicate
sequence number 2 in the table InstallUISequence        light.exe
0       1       MergeModuleTester
Warning 29      ICE82: This action
SystemFolder_x86_VC.AFA96EB4_FA9F_335C_A7CB_36079407553D has duplicate
sequence number 4 in the table AdminExecuteSequence     light.exe
0       1       MergeModuleTester
Warning 30      ICE82: This action
SystemFolder_x86_VC.AFA96EB4_FA9F_335C_A7CB_36079407553D has duplicate
sequence number 4 in the table AdminUISequence  light.exe       0
1       MergeModuleTester
Warning 31      ICE82: This action
SystemFolder_x86_VC.AFA96EB4_FA9F_335C_A7CB_36079407553D has duplicate
sequence number 4 in the table AdvtExecuteSequence      light.exe
0       1       MergeModuleTester
Warning 8       The InstallExecuteSequence table contains an action ''
which cannot be merged from the merge module 'D:\MyMergeModule.msm'.
This action is likely colliding with an action in the database that is being
created.  The colliding action may have been authored in the database or
merged in from another merge module.  If this is a standard action, it is
likely colliding due to a difference in the condition for the action in the
database and merge module.  If this is a custom action, it should only be
declared in the database or one merge module.
D:\work\MergeModuleTester\Product.wxs   23      1
MergeModuleTester
Warning 1       The InstallUISequence table contains an action '' which
cannot be merged from the merge module 'D:\MyMergeModule.msm'.  This action
is likely colliding with an action in the database that is being created.
The colliding action may have been authored in the database or merged in
from another merge module.  If this is a standard action, it is likely
colliding due to a difference in the condition for the action in the
database and merge module.  If this is a custom action, it should only be
declared in the database or one merge module.
D:\work\MergeModuleTester\Product.wxs   23      1
MergeModuleTester

The InstallExecuteSequence warning is listed 19 times, the InstallUISequence
warning is listed 7 times.

Thanks,
Jari
this e-mail from your system.