1. AFAIK, nothing changed in WiX v3.9 in that area.

2. This is essentially the same feature request for Burn to support instance
transforms. Very challenging.

I think Bob would say use language packs.

From: Phill Hogland [mailto:phogl...@rimage.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:08 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Deploying multiple cultures using Burn/MSI(s). Wix 3.9
issue??

I would appreciate advice on deploying applications that support multiple
cultures.  I am using a Bundle with many none-UI MSI packages for various
applications in my product 'suite' (bundle.exe).  I currently build the MSI
packages and use the process described below to embed language transforms into
a 'base' msi package.  I then include only the 'base' package in my bundle and
pass the TRANSFORM property set to the embedded transform when installed on a
non-default (en-US), but company supported culture.

http://wix.tramontana.co.hu/tutorial/transforms/morphing-installers

While this approach has been working for some time, I am having second thoughts
about using the EmbedTransform.exe approach.  I have noticed two problems, and
while I am not totally sure of the cause of either problem,they do not seem to
happen in a (very simple experiment) when I do not use the language transform
but deploy separate culture specific MSI packages.

Problem 1 is that when I use and advertised feature, and I used the embedded
transform, while everything installs successfully when the embedded language
transform is NOT used, when it is used the 'on-demand' portion of the setup
(after the initial install of the advertised feature and the user clicks on the
shortcut for the first time) fails indicating that the package cannot be
located.  (See comment below about Wix 3.8, as I am sure that this previously
worked.)

Problem 2, is (after resolving the above issue by not advertising the feature
and doing a full local install of the MSI package) then after a successful
'install' of the bundle.exe (suite), later when I do an 'uninstall' of the
bundle, it succeeds, but each MSI package for which an embedded transform was
used, in the Planning stage is listed as 'absent', hence there is no effort to
uninstall it, and it gets abandoned on the system.  In my simple experiment
when I did not use the embedded transform the package is uninstalled.

I am using Wix 3.9.901.  The last time I did this type of culture testing I was
back on Wix 3.8 and I don't think that these problems existed.  So I suspect
that there may be a problem with Burn package detection in Wix 3.9.
Any thoughts?

I am also wondering in general if there is advice as to the wisdom of using
EmbedTransform.exe, as I am now having second thoughts.  Any thoughts?

Thanks for the advice.  Phill