Not a great solution for localizing shortcut names or service descriptions
today. Typically recommend sticking to using trademarked names that aren't
localized. Language transforms just aren't supported by Burn yet.

From: Phill Hogland [mailto:phogl...@rimage.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:53 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [WiX-users] Deploying multiple cultures using Burn/MSI(s). Wix 3.9
issue??

>>I think Bob would say use language packs.

I am a little confused by this comment.  The translated strings in the current
.mst are for things like localizing various MSI error messages (down-version
and CA) and to localize descriptions related to installed shortcuts and
services (on Windows resources created by the MSI package).
The application's localization files are handled independently (which is what I
think of as a language pack.)

OK on v3.9, I did not do enough testing to be certain of a relationship.  I
also did not realize the relationship to an InstanceTransform.  So does that
imply that the process documented in the tutorial is not recommended when using
Burn?