Quoth Carlos R. Mafra,

On Tue,  3 Jun 2014 at 17:04:14 +0200, Josip Deanovic wrote:
or "Do not display Alt-Tab window switching panel"

If nobody complains, I will use this suggestion.

My immediate reaction when reading through this thread was that we call the act of changing window focus "cycling" in the code and WPrefs labels, and the thing which pops up and shows icons representing windows the "switchpanel", so we should try to use those terms.

Closer inspection of the code reveals that there's inconsistency in various places between how we refer to the switchpanel. Most of the time we call it the "switchpanel" although we occasionally refer to it as the "switch panel" and even to the "SwitchPanel" once. Run "git grep -i '\bswitch[[:blank:]]*panel\b'" to see what I mean.

  So I propose that we:

* Decide whether to call it the "switchpanel" or the "switch panel" (I vote the former since it's most prevalent.

  * Change the occurrences of whichever option we don't choose.

* Use the text "Show switch( )panel when cycling windows" (defaulting to on) for the patch under discussion.