Quoth Yury Tarasievich,

Oh well. Still this isn't cycling, we find
cycling alt-tab in other platforms GUIs, all right?

I'm not dead set on the word "cycling" I just want us to be consistent about what we do use.

Having said that I do think that "cycling" is fine because if you keep pressing FocusNextKey you keep on iterating through the window list but if you want to call that "switching" instead then I won't object as long as you can convince everyone else that it's worth changing.

If we do change it we'll probably need different text for the new preference because "Show switch panel when switching windows" is a bit weird. Just "Show panel..." maybe?

Either way, since I raised the point I'm happy to go through and replace all occurrences of the old terminology once we've decided.