On Monday 2015-06-22 21:55:55 Charles Philip Chan wrote:
> On 22 Jun 2015, djosip+n...@linuxpages.net wrote:
> > Yes but if you select "Shared application icon" check box in the
> > window attributes then the double click would start another instance
> > of the application. This is how it worked up until and including
> > 0.95.3.
>
> Doesn't happen here. I use "Shared application icon" all the time and
> double clicking does not launch a new instant.

Sorry, my mistake.
Its "No application icon" option, not "Shared application icon".
I have just retested it.

> > Windowmaker up until and including 0.95.3 would allow subsequent
> > double clicks on the docked appicon to start new instances of the
> > application which was probably incorrect from the windowmaker design
> > (look and feel) perspective but some people learned to use that
> > "feature".
>
> I have used "Window Maker" since the beginning and have never seen this.

I have tested it with 0.80.2, windowmaker-0.95.3 and windowmaker-0.95.4.

I have even used got bisect to find which patch changed the behavior.
So the behavior I am reporting does exist, I have just mistakenly referred
to "Shared application icon" instead of "No application icon".

You can test it yourself if you are running 0.95.3 or older.

--
Josip Deanovic