Quoting Josip Deanovic <djosip+n...@linuxpages.net>:

On Monday 2015-08-24 14:07:48 Rodolfo García  Peñas wrote:
Josip Deanovic <djosip+n...@linuxpages.net> escribió:
> I am using the --enable-usermenu option every time when I prepare
> windowmaker for compilation but I don't think that I have ever managed
> to get some time and actually test and use the feature.
>
> The feature seem to appear in the 0.53.0 and it is documented in the
> NEWS file:
>

> -----BEGIN-----
> Application User Menu
> ---------------------
>
> Applications with an appicon can have a user defined menu.
>
> This menu will emulate keyboard events, and will be sent to the
> applications' window(s), thus the application must accept key
> combinations (CTRL+N for instance).
>
> To enable this feature, #define USER_MENU in src/wconfig.h and place
> menu files in ~/GNUstep/Defaults/UserMenus
> (/usr/local/etc/WindowMaker/UserMenus globally).
>
> The user menu is in PropList format and the filename is in:
> <instance name>.<class name>.menu or application's main window.
> (Example: the menu for xcalc would be - xcalc.XCalc.menu)
>
> Example user menu syntax:
>
> (
>
>   "Calculator",
>   ("Put 1", SHORTCUT, "2"),
>   ("Functions",
>
>     ("Put 2", SHORTCUT, "2"),
>     ("Put 3,4 and 5", SHORTCUT, (3,4,5))
>
>   ),
>   ("Exit", SHORTCUT, "Control+q")
>
> )
> -----END-----
>

> If I understand correctly this feature would make possible to use
> "the user defined menu" or keyboard shortcut on the appicon of an
> application to start emulating keyboard events on the application
> window.

Hello,

I tried to create the menu file
(~/GNUstep/Defaults/UserMenus/xcalc.XCalc.menu) with the contents
included in the NEWS file. I am unable to use the menu. IMO the call
is wrong, because is set in the wSetFocusTo function and in a place
probably unreacheable. Could someone try to show the menu?

I will think about it, perhalps is a good idea have this menu...

OTOH, the usermenu is not compiled in Debian/Ubuntu by default.

I have tried to configure it for xlogo.XLogo.menu and I don't see
any menu (unfortunately).

Maybe there is some keyboard shortcut which need to be used to activate
it? Or maybe some other way to activate it?

Hi,

I found one problem, the path was wrong in the code (or in the doc, IMO, in the code).

Then, I added the menu map when the window is created. Probably could be a good idea create a menu entry to show/hide the menu.

Ok, now we can test it.

Cheers,
kix
Rodolfo García Peñas (kix)