I've decided making CSS sites that work in all modern browsers is like explaining logic to a roomful of madmen.

Much more of this and I'm going to give up on all this high-falutin' standards crap and go back to making table-based sites. At least I got work done and got paid for it and made a living - after several months of being immersed in CSS it is still taking me twice as long to build sites as it used to. I simply can't afford it.

Can ANYONE please explain to me why this doesn't work:
http://www.universalhead.com/clients/jazzfactory/jazzfactory/classes.html
CSS:
http://www.universalhead.com/clients/jazzfactory/jazzfactory/css/main.css

It should be simple - three div areas (innertop, innermid and innerfoot) divided by a clear:both div.

Innertop is fine.
But not only does innerfoot refuse to clear innermid despite the clear:both div between them, but innermid refuses to fill with colour even though it is filled by content (innercontent and innerpic).

Ugly colours for reference:
innermid: green
innercontent: blue
innerfoot: red

I must be just creating sites with too-complicated layouts or something.
Arghhh! And my studio hasn't got air conditioning!

Thankyou. Peter (soon to be changing his tagline to "Design That Works Sometimes If You're Using the Right ^&$%&^% Browser - Maybe")

Universal Head
Design That Works.

7/43 Bridge Rd Stanmore
NSW 2048 Australia