>Look at papers, magazines and websites. Columns, columns and columns. Can
>these be easily achieved using current CSS?

Yes.

>Because I need to look to the future.

Well, then we see different future. I see increasing usage of handheld browsers for
which one column is the best bet so far.

You are looking to fhe future with xhtml1.1 (which is much much younger than CSS) but
care for the older browsers. Properly marked up content is accessible for any browser
even withous CSS support, nothing new in that.

Anyway, I can see your point. Mine is different one and we both have arguments for
them, so let's stop here.

At least your site is an good example of well coded hibryd layout ;)

Regards,
Rimantas