From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Bert Doorn
Sent: 09 May 2004 16:23
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [WSG] Forms, labels & headers

Hi,

> are you asking why using tables for layout is stupid? :-)
> http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

I know using multiple tables, nested "n" levels deep is stupid and results
in lots of excess code.  So is using font tags etc.  That's why I don't
design that way.  But sometimes it is (to me) unavoidable to use a table,
because the alternatives just don't work consistently enough  across
browsers.

Thanks for the link.  http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/14transitional.html
sums it up for me, while the pages following it don't apply to sites I
design.  I've seen plenty like that, including a site that has a home page
with 40k of HTML that includes 40 tables, some of which only hold ONE word
(4 characters of content hidden in a total of 262 bytes of tag soup)

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
www.betterwebdesign.com.au