From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 May 2004 20:27
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [WSG] <EMBED> tag

Good afternoon all,

I'm trying to design and create all my sites in 2004 using the XHTML and CSS
compliant standards. Although, I have six-plus years of Web and graphic
design experience, the Web standards guidelines and community are quite new
to me.

I've noticed that the <EMBED> tag doesn't comply with XHTML, but won't
display Flash clips in NN, Mozilla, or Firefox if omitted. This poses a real
problem because I use small Flash clips in customer sites as banner ads, and
if I remove the <EMBED> tag then the Flash file won't load, and there's a
hole in my page.

Any suggestions that will help me resolve this problem would be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,
Mario S. Cisneros
President, WebNet Design Studios