To continue evolving into a society that treats everybody equally, there is
no reason why companies should not TRY to make their websites as accessible
as possible, considering the little amount of effort required. I can
understand if companies do not fulfil all the different priorities, but we
can at least try, hey?

> And quoting the laws about discrimination wont cut it.  They have the
> right to shoot themselves in the foot and lose all the users who can't
> access their FREE site because of all the other alternatives.

I don't even have to quote legal issues - it's a matter of moral. A lot of
websites do not fulfil accessibility guidelines, but that is mostly because
they don't know much about them. The big difference is that GMail should
know better. I am sure they have got enough people around that could quickly
and easily make the website more accessible.