sam sherlock wrote:

I am using ip2couuntry class in PHP to decide the default lanuage.

Thanks to Evandro who sent me a link to his site in Portugese and English. The site in question does not use the language attribute as inteneded (as far as I understand) all Lan attributes are set to en for Portugese, Itallian and English.

What is the web standards best practise for multi-lingual sites

   1. Should I use en or en-GB is the casing important?
   2. What charset should I use for the Itallian version the same as
      english or other?
   3. Are the any link available to webstandard best practise examples?

Maybe you will find some of the info you are looking for here

http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/resources/

****************************************************** The discussion list for http://webstandardsgroup.org/