sam sherlock wrote:
I would also appreciate any links to web standard sites using multiple languages?

Still doing some under-the-hood work on this one to bring it up to speed, but you can check out http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/ to see the site I was pestering the list about a month or so back (thread starts here: http://www.mail-archive.com/wsg@webstandardsgroup.org/msg16198.html)

Not all pages have multiple languages, but some have translations of the English in both Traditional and Simplified Chinese. Preferred language can be selected in the RH column. I used UTF-8

Cheers

Lachlan