It's for a multilanguage site and base language will be English. Everything on the form will be English except the actual input (textarea). Would it hurt anything if I just kept the lang declaration as EN in the header? Or, since the input will be Chinese should it be ZN? Or, do I need to be more specific and delcare lang=ZN on the textarea itself?

I was wondering though...since it's ALL utf-8 it might not be necessary to declare lang=whatever at all?

Out of curiousity, I'm not sure why we need to declare lang and xml:lang since utf-8 (I believe) is all we really need?