> Marco van Hylckama Vlieg

> One can either
> manipulate the way
> output looks by dynamically changing the CSS or by
> dynamically changing
> the HTML output. I prefer the latter to be honest.

But the question is: why do you prefer it? Just gut feeling,
or any valuable/measurable reason?
Also: of course, if you have dynamically generated pages,
template driven CMSs etc, it's easy to change the HTML output.
However, for those still publishing sites "by hand", without
an automated system behind it, a change in the markup on all
pages would require a complete re-upload of the entire site.
Thinking about systems like Blogger where (from what I
gather...not using it myself) individual blog entries are
actually written out as complete HTML files, a change to
the markup on all pages would require a complete rebuild of
the site as well.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford