We liked the big fonts size partly for accessibility, but also partly because we were fed up with tiny designer sized fonts. I do wonder if the size is a little to big, especially on lower screen resolutions. However on large screen resolutions I think it works well. I guess if you personally find it too big, you could always knock it down a notch.

Hi Andy, I am not a fan of tiny font size. Your body text is perfect for my still-young-eyes however I do feel that the h2s are shouting at me :)

Maybe that is your intention to get your audience attention?

tee