Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] wrote:

Major Usability Issues users cannot adjust to are:

- Missing Information - Incorrect Information - Catastrophic Navigation - Websites that don't work - ...

Ask a general person what they didn't like about a particular website
and in the majority of the cases their answer will start with: "I couldn't find..."

Yes, I've heard that one quite often. Many of those responses continue
with something like "...because I couldn't read the text properly".
That's not so much about small fonts, but more often that the page/site
isn't usable when user-options come into play -- not even when these
'options' are quite normal across browsers/OS'.

These problem comes in so many shades and broken sizes that a ten-point
list of mistakes would hardly touch them, and user-comments will reflect
that.
However, most of these 'design mistakes' can be put under "1: Legibility
Problems", so I think J.N. got it about right.

The solution in most cases is for the designer to allow for and test
with usability and user-options in mind. Broken designs are not very
usable, no matter the cause.
-----

So, from a usability standpoint: don't narrow down these issues to a
comfortable level for web designers. Collect and evaluate all available
information, and put it to use when designing for _users_.

        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no