Nick Lo wrote:

> I agree with Andreas to the degree that he is really saying this is not
> THE "Top Ten Web Design Mistakes of 2005" but rather "Top Ten Web
> Design Mistakes of 2005 according to subscribers of a newsletter
> directed at people interested in Jakob Nielsen's views on usability".
> In that respect it's a bit like general browser statistics,
> interesting, but not really that useful. Unless you are building a site
> targeted at people interested in usability who also enjoy reading Jakob
> Nielsen's newsletters then these points are merely one of many that
> could appear in a checklist.

What it's like is a poll of professional drivers about the qualities of
modern cars. Of course you're going to get a different perspective than
one taken from the entire population of good, bad & indifferent drivers.
I'd prefer to make my automotive design choices by including such
focused opinions, knowing where they came from, so that I can expect
improved sales by those likely to also make respected purchasing
recommendations to the less clued, and thus improved sales generally.
--
"Be quick to listen, slow to speak."                James 1:19 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/