Hi,
If you tell your client to visit www.msn.com with his Mac IE5.2 browser then he'll get the message that his browser is out of date and that he should change it to another browser like FireFox or Safari.

So even Microsoft tells Macusers to change to another browser than Internet Explorer. I think that's a good arguement.
Maybe your client would accept a message asking the user to change to a newer browser which supports webstandard?

Personally I think we should design for all browsers on all platforms, but when even the creators of IE (Microsoft) tells the audience to change to another one it's time for us to forget about IE for Mac.

Regards
Vincent Hasselgård

http://www.html-reference.com/META_name_MSSmartTagsPreventParsing.htm

>Point out to your client that IE5.2 is so flakey it might as well be in
>sanskrit and that and smart people using Macs will be using Safari or
>Firefox ;-)

Will give it a shot.

Thanks

E.