Hi Everyone,

I am going to delurk to ask a question :)

I have been using html 4.01 transitional on my sites and have slowly branched out to xhtml. However, I remember that there has been some discussion on other lists about the 'dangers' of using xhtml. Here is what I have seen used, what would be the pluses and minuses of using this combo?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

I usually use this charset:

Any links or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Lisa