Paula Petrik wrote:
For example, I have been including a table on the schedule page of the course sites to delineate what's to be done when because it seems to be tabular data--"week" in one column and "work" (of various kinds) in another. (Yes, I have lived in fear of the Table Police.) I have tried to do the schedule using divs, but it seems hopelessly complicated and not worth the effort...

Here are some examples from the past term:

http://archiva.net/hist120ay05/hist120ay05_schedule.htm

Your use of a table is indeed correct, the data is very much tabular. Please don't live in fear of the table police, anyone who tells you tables should never be used, unconditionally, doesn't know what they're talking about.

Tables are only frowned upon when they are used to mark up data that is not even remotely tabular, simply to achieve visual layout.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/