Linking back to the Home page via a logo placed top-left is one of those
design conventions/patterns that users of various experience appear to be
learning. I haven't seen novice users navigating this way, but certainly
users with moderate computer/internet literacy are.

However, I don't agree that the logo should have text in it (or added to it)
that says 'home'. Users seem to be far more aware of standard header
sections that include links such as home, about, contact, and the search
field (usually top right). I think it's more consistent to leave the text
link for 'Home' there. Aside from anything else, if 'Home' is added to the
logo, it may interfere with branding, which is important to most clients.

Christian, can you point us to an example where home text has been added to
the logo on site sub-pages? I'm really interested to see the type of sites
that are implementing this.

Thanks and all the best,

Lisa