Lachlan Hunt wrote:

It was decided by the designer and management that they wanted the logo on the homepage to be slightly larger and more prominent as a branding exercise, but to then move it up to the header, out of the way for all the sub pages.

<offtopic class="slightly">

You may want to send them a copy of Steve Krug's "Don't Make Me Think". This is a big no no as far as conventions are concerned. My opinion is that it looks like ad clutter below the header. Because of the line used to delineate the navigation it looks like content not a site id and when the page loads I don't know what site I am on and what it is about. There is no tagline to give meaning to the site. I may just leave because it isn't apparent as to what the site purpose is.

I think that there is not enough pop (visually) for the calls to action. From a marketing standpoint I find it hard to figure out what I want to do next and there is no lead to the action by color, shape etc. We do use these cues regardless of the content.

From a designer and marketer point of view there should be a graphical flow chart with the service explanation that shows what this does.

</offtopic>

The orange color and font-weight of the "Edentiti is a safe secure private place for your identification information." is too light and the contrast is low. I think it either needs to be heavier, larger or reverse the colors of the h2 and the above sentence. BTW what is with the nested strong elements? Is this countering the effect in FF?

Don't beat yourself up over the XHTML thing -- it is called working in the real world.

Jay

--
Jay Gilmore
Developer / Consultant