On Jul 13, 2007, at 1:57 AM, Nick Cowie wrote:

I think that everybody has missed the original point of Marvin's post.

Marvin was looking for help in completing his visual design units in his web design course, as Marvin is visually impaired and is trying to build websites for sighted people using a screen reader. And you thought is was hard the other way round.

I assume Marvin must pass the visual design units to complete the course. Do not pass the course and no qualification, no chance of further education and less chance of a job in the field he wants.

Marvin is after advice, help, tips, tricks and techniques for visual design, such as colour theory, image size etc. as well as suggestions on how to storyboards and flowcharts.

Nick, I wanted to thank you for reminding us on Marvin's need. I understood what he was looking from his post but didn't have idea on what to recommend/suggest, and from some of his posts in the past, I got an impression that he seems particularly interested in developing sites for visually impaired people but never bother to find out why ( probably because this is web standards list and I learned it's impolite to ask person question).

Ironic isn't it, here in the WSG we hear list members talk about developing accessible sites for people with difficulties, and often times with big theory, idea with their owned ideology, yet we shamefully make an genuine quest from a list member who is visually impaired, turned to a 'thread closed'.

Best,

tee