John Horner wrote:
I've noticed that a lot of articles about web design seem to assume that
the web developer/designer is working in the commercial sector, and
often it's assumed that we're freelance too.

I'd argue that not only the articles, but some of the tools and CMS are more aimed at the corporate sector, and in some cases are poorly suited to the government sector.

And within the government sector there may be additional or different emphasis on various aspects of web design. One that comes to mind is teh Australian Federal Governments take on accessibility, and its relation to access and equity policies and its implications for developing content on government websites aimed at CALD communities.

Andrew

--
Andrew Cunningham
Research and Development Coordinator (Vicnet)

Email: andrewc+AEA-vicnet.net.au
Alt. email: lang.support+AEA-gmail.com

Ph: +613-8664-7430                    Fax:+613-9639-2175
Mob: 0421-450-816

http://www.slv.vic.gov.au/            http://www.vicnet.net.au/
http://www.openroad.net.au/           http://www.mylanguage.gov.au/
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~andrewc/