On this site,

body {background:#FFB701}

where footer wrap has opacity of 0.92 with a bg color

#ftr_wrap {background:#0d0d0d;
        opacity:0.92;}

and 3 columns has

#col1, #col2, #col3 {background:#1a1a1a;}

I think Safari and Firefox got it right, that the 3 columns' elements are 'inheriting' the opacity from the #ftr_wrap, which is what I wanted.

But Opera doen'st seemed to agree.

http://lotusfromthemud.com/goldenlotus/index.html

Also, I know I am asking something close to impossible for pixel perfect, but is there a way I can make it less obvious between PC and Mac for the h1 text.

I have h1 fontsize first set to 380%, then settled for 3.8em for now.
<h1 id="logo"><a href="#home">Golden Lotus</a></h1>

#logo was first floated left with margin-top, the text was 3px lower in my PC's FF and Opera, so I changed it to

#logo {margin-top:290px;position:absolute;}
It doesn't change at all.

http://www.lotusfromthemud.com/goldenlotus/mac.png
http://www.lotusfromthemud.com/goldenlotus/pc.png

Thanks!