On Nov 13, 2007, at 4:54 PM, Tee G. Peng wrote:

After going over the whole thing with a colour sampler, I could 'see' the difference :-) (that is : the OS X colour-picker saw it, not my eyes).

You are kidding right :)
See what I saw in my browsers.

Now that the light has changed, I still don't see the differences in Opera 9.2. Gecko and WebKit/Safari are still fine, of course.

What Opera 9.5 beta is trying is puzzling. The whole footer has a yellow background.

I don't see this in my Opera. The yellow background is the body background.
No trace of any background-colour as specified in the style-sheet, not on #ftr_wrap and not on #col1, #col2, #col3.

yes, they do have background colors, they are located at goldenlotus.css. I wanted to use this style sheet for structure layout and the content.css for positioning and presentation, probably not well organized.

What I tried to say is: the specified background-colour on those elements was not applied by Opera 9.5 beta/OS X 10.4.10.
Only the body background comes through (yellow).

No idea where in Opera the bug is, as a basic test with opacity works correctly.

The text in the #left_col should be black text, there in Opera some of the texts are showned in #fc3 color which is the background color of #left_col.

http://lotusfromthemud.com/goldenlotus/opera.png

Yeah, I've seen that effect (included the half-black/half-yellow text) in my own test files. I think some clipping in the drawning code. It used to much worse (or more funky ?) in older 9.5 alpha builds.
More fun: select the text, then de-select it :-)

No idea what happens with opacity in Opera 9.5beta on Windows/Linux. But on Mac, they seem to have some messy issues with low-level painting/clipping code.

Philippe
---
Philippe Wittenbergh
<http://emps.l-c-n.com>