At 2/28/2008 03:57 PM, alysia hill wrote:
I have just discovered this australian based company Powerfront. I am really interested in some feedback.
Here is an example website which I think is pretty good
http://www.goodshepvic.org.au/

Here is the company website
http://www.powerfront.com/

Try validating their markup:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.goodshepvic.org.au
Failed validation, 188 Errors

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerfront.com
Failed validation, 160 Errors

These results indicate, not the occasional slip-up to which we are all susceptible, but a significant misuse for the tools of their trade.

In particular, there's little excuse for a CMS to produce markup this shoddy. While we might forgive a site hand-coded once, a CMS generates many sites and therefore bears a greater responsibility to do it properly.

Broken markup can produce nightmares for styling, accessibility, machine-readability, and search engine optimization.

In your search for a CMS I recommend you look for valid markup, versatility (not locked into limited templates), and ease of use.

Good luck!

Paul