Here is an example of the NEW idea:
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/3992/standard01yo8.png

This has got me thinking though. If there is going to be a sub navigation
part on every page is there really any need for the dropdown?

By adding the dropdown the only benefit the user will get is that they don't
have to click twice to get to a section/sub page. For example to access
"Maypole Radio" they select other services and click. Without it they would
have to click "Other Services" and select from the static sub navigation
menu.

I am not sure if its going to be worth it in the end. Obviously the static
sub navigation is going to be amust so that i can cover everything. The
Suckerfish menu now seems useless in a way. If i leave it there it may add
extra confusion to the navigation of the website. If you get what i mean.

Cheers for the input so far.

James