Hi Cole

On Saturday, July 24, 2010, Cole Kuryakin <c...@koisis.com> wrote:
> Hello All -
>
> I've finally decided that I'd like to <link></link> a single base style
> sheet (base.css) into my projects.
>
> The base.css would then @import various other style sheets which would
> define the dclarations for project layout, type, color, forms, etc.

I would not recommend you separate your CSS files for purely
organisational purposes. Do this _within_ your files. Less files
loaded by the browser means faster pagel loading. @import is also bad
for performance. Where you must separate your files it is better to
have multiple link elements. The other advantage of avoiding @import
is to see what CSS is being loaded into the page it is only necessary
to look in the HTML. This can save someone else a lot of time
troubleshooting your site later.

Before Firebug l would separate my CSS into a bunch of files, just to
reduce the time to navigate them. Now the inspector in Firebug makes
this so easy there isn't really a lot of organisation advantage in
doing so.

I hope this is helpful, even if I didn't really answer your question...

Cheers Ollie
@ollicle