> I agree that import doesnt perform too well. Separate the
> files in whatever way will support the growth of your site
> best, and make sure you use some sort of combine tool /
> filter to reduce the number of requests

Hi Cole,

I have a free tool that will combine CSS files on the server using
@include() instead of @import(). The CSS files are combined and compressed
before being sent to the browser. You can then use <link media="..." /> as
others have suggested to separate your print from screen stylesheets.

The latest version also supports caching if you are concerned about
performance. Just make sure you have a writable "cache" directory under your
CSS folder(s).

This all works dynamically by adding the files to your CSS directory(ies).
One caveat, if you split your CSS files into subdirectories, make sure you
copy the files to all folders that contain CSS.

You can read/download it here:

http://www.coolphptools.com/dynamic_css

Best of luck to you.

Best regards,