Well, I am down with that..I never did care for the jumpy, spinny, whizzy things... As a print designer, I'm all about good design, good typography, quality imagery and clear communication.

however, you sometimes get the idea that if you don't pay obeisance to that fashion (jumpy, spinny, whizzy), you'll be ignored and marginalized in favor of those whose sites are a multi-sensory fantasmatron of motion, speed and sounds.

However, books have been captivating people for centuries and they just sit there until you pick them up and use them.

I would be happy to have none of that silly stuff on my page, but then I get told my site "looks a bit dated."

cs