On 10/20/10 10:19 AM, cat soul wrote:

The picture I am developing now is this: HTML and CSS should be used strictly
for content,
structure and formatting.

*Behaviors* are best left to things like Javascript.

But it's not that cut and dried -- CSS has always had behaviors,
e.g. :hover, :focus, as well.

so maybe these rollovers, when they do ANYTHING besides indicate a
> clickable thing, are passe, amateurish techniques ...

Now we're all over it..we've seen it, and we are back to function,
> information, usability, speed...

And maybe providing expanded affordances through hover behaviors is
totally appropriate in some circumstances, to deliver exactly those
benefits.  :-)

YMMV,
--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- has...@webtuitive.com